Saving you time with your quote
Please ensure that the information provided by you is correct, and you comply with the statements on this page. If your circumstances change between the date you purchase the policy and the policy start date, please call us. Failure to do so may mean that your insurance policy is not valid or that we may not pay all or part of your claim(s).
We don’t charge administration fees for mid-term changes to your policy.
If you decide to cancel your policy during the period of insurance an administration fee for cancellation will apply amounting to 1/12th of your annual premium, up to a maximum of £50.00 (calculated at the time of cancellation, plus current rate of Insurance Premium Tax where applicable).
The below statements are what you need to agree with for us to be able to offer you this insurance policy.
- The property is your main residence and you run a bed and breakfast or guest house from it
- The property is always occupied by someone employed by the business or a member of your family while there are paying guests on the premise
- The property will not be unoccupied for more than 60 consecutive days
- Neither you, nor your directors nor your partners have ever had a proposal for insurance declined or special conditions imposed by any insurer
- Neither you, nor your directors nor your partners have ever been convicted of or charged (but not yet tried) with a breach of any health and safety legislation or any other criminal offence other than a motoring offence
- Neither you, nor your directors nor your partners are subject to an outstanding County Court Judgement (or the Scottish equivalent)
- Neither you, nor your directors nor your partners are subject to bankruptcy or insolvency orders which are either outstanding or have been discharged for less than 5 years
- The building is built solely of brick, stone or concrete or timber frame with brick or stone walls and, other than flat roofs, is roofed solely of slates, tiles, asphalt, concrete, metal or other incombustible materials
- The buildings are not heated by methods other than by electricity, natural gas or a fixed central heating system and open fires
- The premises do not require any repair or refurbishment to make them secure or water tight and will be so maintained
- Other than offering accommodation and serving food and drink to your customers staying overnight at the premise, the business does not provide any other activities, services or events at or away from the premise
- You have not entered into any specific contracts to provide accommodation with the local authority or the Department of Work and Pensions (DWP)
- The premises are not occupied as holiday flats, holiday apartments, holiday centres or self catering apartments
- You do not have an external Automatic Telling Machine (ATM)
- The buildings are not Grade 1 listed in England and Wales, Category A in Scotland, or the equivalent within the Channel Islands and Isle of Man
- You have not had more than 4 claims in the last 3 years