Saving you time with your quote
Please ensure that the information provided by you is correct, and you comply with the statements on this page. If your circumstances change between the date you purchase the policy and the policy start date, please call us. Failure to do so may mean that your insurance policy is not valid or that we may not pay all or part of your claim(s).
We don’t charge administration fees for mid-term changes to your policy.
If you decide to cancel your policy during the period of insurance an administration fee for cancellation will apply amounting to 1/12th of your annual premium, up to a maximum of £50.00 (calculated at the time of cancellation, plus current rate of Insurance Premium Tax where applicable).
The below statements are what you need to agree with for us to be able to offer you this insurance policy.
Neither You, nor Your Directors nor Your partners:
- have ever had a proposal for insurance declined, renewal refused, cover terminated, increased premium required or special conditions imposed by any Insurer
- have ever been convicted of or charged (but not yet tried) with a breach of any health and safety legislation or any other criminal offence other than parking or speeding offences or offences which are spent under the Rehabilitation of Offenders
- are subject to an outstanding County Court Judgement (or the Scottish equivalent)
- are subject to bankruptcy or insolvency orders which are either outstanding or have been discharged for less than 5 years
The number of persons permanently working manually in the business (total of Proprietors, Partners, Employees, Working Directors, Labour Only Sub-Contractors and Trainees) does not exceed the maximum allowed of 15 [for tradesmen and professionals].
Your business does not:
- use, handle, store or transport hazardous substances, such as Radioactive Substances/Devices, Explosives, or materials giving rise to dust, fumes or vapours, discharge toxic or dangerous substances into the atmosphere, waterways or elsewhere
[for tradesmen only]
- undertake work on or have under your control Cranes, Passenger Lifts and Escalators [for tradesmen only]
- use scaffolding (other than scaffolding towers) unless erected by a specialist scaffolding contractor [for tradesmen only]
- operate in what may be considered a high risk environment, such as Nuclear Plant/Power Stations, Gas or Chemical Works, Oil Refineries/Bulk Oil Storage, Off Shore Structures, Airfields/Airports, Railway Property, Quarries, Towers, Steeples,
Chimney Shafts, Bridges, Viaducts, Flyovers, Underpasses, Docks, Harbours, Piers, Wharves, Dams, Reservoirs, Lakes, Rivers, Foundries or Forges
- undertake work involving the following activities: Tunnelling, Mining, Piling, Ground Stabilisation, Underpinning, Dewatering, Water Diversion, Flood Protection, or Sea Defences.
- carry out any work on gas appliances or installations unless undertaken by a Gas Safe registered engineer [for tradesmen only]
Your business complies with all statutory requirements controlling exposure to noise as laid down in the current Control of Noise at Work Regulations [for tradesmen only].
If any of the assumptions above are not true please call us.