For an additional premium, you can add any of these covers to your landlord insurance policy:
- Landlord Emergency – if there's an insured emergency at your rented property, we'll send out a contractor to deal with the problem.
- Legal Expenses – covers the cost of defending your legal rights. Includes Repossession Cover, Nuisance and Eviction of Squatters Cover, and Tax Protection.
- Loss of Rent – this covers lost income if your property becomes uninhabitable following an insured event, such as a fire or a flood.
- Accidental Damage for buildings and/or contents when you've insured them.
- Employers' Liability – this covers you if an employee makes a claim against you for a work-related injury.
- Theft by Tenant Cover.
- Malicious Damage by Tenants.
You can extend your policy to help protect your rental property against damage caused by acts of terrorism. We’ll cover you up to the maximum sum insured on your policy for buildings, contents and/or loss of rental income. Acts of terrorism are defined as damage caused by someone acting on behalf of, or in connection with, any organisation which uses force or violence to overthrow or influence the UK government.
Terrorism cover is not available for properties that are located in the Channel Islands, Isle of Man or Northern Ireland.
Terrorism insurance is an optional cover so an additional premium will apply.
You can include Terrorism cover to your policy by either processing this online or calling us on
0345 301 5066 when you take out your policy with us or at renewal as it cannot be added to your policy mid-term.