Holiday home insurance tailored for you

Only pay for what you need – our team are here to help you personalise your policy.

Get a quote Retrieve a quote

To get a quote please call us on 0345 303 1763

Call us on 0345 303 1763
  • Build your own policy.
  • No admin fees if you need to amend your policy.
  • Interest-free instalments in the first year.

    New customers only. 0% APR. Over 18's only, subject to eligibility.

  • A dedicated claims handler, should you need it.

Your holiday let insurance package

As great as it is having somewhere of your own to get away to, looking after a UK holiday home isn't always easy. But whether you rent out to guests via a holiday letting agreement, or just let to friends and family, we can help.

Build your own policy

No one knows your holiday home like you. Build your own insurance package to suit you and your holiday property. We can give you financial protection (not to mention peace of mind) against things like fire, flooding, burglary and injury of a guest or employee. If the worst should happen and your holiday home can't be let, you can also cover yourself against lost rent.

To get a quote please call us on 0345 303 1763

To get a quote please call us on

0345 303 1763

Is this cover right for me?

Our holiday let insurance is designed for second home owners whose property:

  • Is rented out using signed holiday letting agreements (unless your guest is a friend or family)
  • Is unoccupied for no more than 90 days consecutively
  • Doesn't allow hen or stag parties
  • Has six or less bedrooms
  • Is managed throughout the year
  • Isn't used as a halfway house, bedsit or for social housing
  • Doesn't include use of bikes or vehicles

Looking for something different?

We also provide specific cover for B&B owners and landlords.

Your policy options

Build your own insurance package to suit you and your holiday property. Please note, these covers are subject to policy limits and conditions. Public liability, glass & sanitary ware and either contents or buildings cover must be taken as part of your policy. Legal Expenses cover is not available with holiday home insurance.

  • Buildings cover

    In the event of a flood or fire covered by the policy at your holiday home, our buildings cover will pay for your repair costs or in the event of a total loss, the reinstatement of the property including the costs for debris removal and professional architect and engineers fees.

    You can also insure your building against subsidence damage which is an optional benefit and additional cost. By adding subsidence cover, you will also be covered for damage due to landslip or heave, which is the movement of the ground supporting the building.

    Please remember, failure to select the full reinstatement sum insured could result in the claims settlement being reduced.

  • Contents cover

    Our holiday home contents insurance takes care of what's inside your property, like your furniture, kitchenware and other possessions. We'll cover the cost of fixing or replacing any insured contents lost due to an event that is covered by our policy, such as fire or burglary.

  • Glass and sanitary ware

    We'll cover any fixed internal and external glass – from mirrors to windows – that form part of the structure of your holiday home as standard. Baths, washbasins, shower trays, sinks and toilets are also included.

    If any glass should break, we'll cover you against reasonable costs for boarding up, damage to your frames or framework and any charges for removing or replacing fixtures and fittings (subject to the total cost not exceeding the sum you're insured for).

  • Floor coverings

    This comes as standard and will cover you for up to £5,000 against the cost of repairing or replacing floor coverings like lino and carpets following an event that is covered by our policy. You can choose to increase this limit if you wish.

  • Loss of rental income

    If your holiday home is damaged due to circumstances out of your control – like fire, storm or flood – the last thing you want to worry about is losing out on rent from cancelled guests. This optional add-on lets you claim back the income you would have received.

  • Public liability

    If you accidentally cause damage to something belonging to one of your guests, or someone injures themselves on your holiday property, our public liability cover has got you covered. Up to £2 million worth of protection comes as standard with all our policies, but you can increase this if you need to.

  • Employers' liability

    Employers' liability cover is an optional cover but is a legal requirement if you employ staff to help you run your holiday home, like a cleaner or manager. It covers your legal liability to them if you are found to be responsible if they sustain an injury or illness rising out of the work they do for you.

  • Terrorism

    You can extend your policy to protect your holiday property against damage caused by acts of terrorism. We’ll cover you up to the maximum sum insured on your policy for buildings, contents and/or loss of rental income. Acts of terrorism are defined as damage caused by someone acting on behalf of, or in connection with, any organisation which uses force or violence to overthrow or influence the UK government.

  • Personal accident

    Personal accident cover can provide a weekly benefit for you or your employees in the event of either permanent or temporary disablement due to an accident where you are incapacitated and are unable to work. The cover also provides a lump sum benefit in the event of death.

  • Engineering breakdown

    Engineering breakdown cover automatically applies to the buildings and contents cover when you take out that relevant section of cover, covering your electronic and mechanical items should they break down. If you take out our buildings cover, engineering breakdown cover would include items such as boilers, fitted ovens, air-conditioning systems and security or alarm systems. We can take care of the cost to repair or replace, as long as the breakdown wasn't due to wear and tear. It is a legal requirement to have a valid annual gas safe certificate, and we’ll need to see this if you make a claim.

To get a quote please call us on 0345 303 1763

To get a quote please call us on

0345 303 1763

Policy documents

View and download policy documents here

The following policy documents apply to policies that were bought or renewed after 8 April 2018 but before 1 April 2019.

The following policy documents apply to policies that were bought or renewed on, or after 1 April 2019 but before 28 August 2019.

The following policy documents apply to policies that were bought or renewed on, or after 28 August 2019 but before 8 September 2019.

The following policy documents apply to policies that were bought or renewed on, or after 8 September 2019.

Frequently asked questions

  • QDo you cover boilers?

    If you select our Buildings cover, you’ll automatically get Equipment Breakdown cover. This pays to repair or replace your boiler, irrespective of its age, if it breaks down, but excludes wear and tear. Read more about our boiler insurance cover.

    To make a claim, you need to arrange for a boiler engineer to visit your property and assess the boiler. They need to submit their report to us, so we can assess whether the claim is covered. If it is, we’ll reimburse you for the repair/replacement costs, including parts, labour and call out charges, less the £200 excess.

    This cover is not a maintenance contract – it doesn’t cover servicing or Gas Safety Certificates (CP12).

  • QWhat's my rebuild cost and where can I find it?

    The rebuild cost is the total cost of the work needed to completely rebuild your property and put it back to the condition it was in before if it was destroyed beyond repair. It’s not the same as the market or resale value of the property.

    If you’re not sure of the rebuild cost, a calculator is available when you get a quote with us. It uses data from the Building Cost Information Service (BCIS) provided by the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors.

    The BCIS can’t provide rebuild costs for all properties – in particular it can't provide the value for a flat - so the calculator button might not appear, or you might not see any values when you click on the button.

    If the BCIS can’t provide you with a value, you can get your rebuild cost from a qualified surveyor, your mortgage adviser or letting agent, or if you’ve recently had a property survey.