resizer image

Professional indemnity insurance for accountants and bookkeepers

Professional Indemnity for Accountants

As an accountant or bookkeeper, you provide your clients professional advice. But if a client thinks that your advice has been negligent and has led to a financial loss or damage to their reputation, then they could claim for compensation.

With our Professional Indemnity Insurance for Accountants and Bookkeepers, you can cover your business against these claims.

Many clients may also ask for proof of your professional indemnity policy before they agree to work with you, especially if you're working with local authorities or large companies. So getting covered could help to take your business to the next level.

Meeting the insurance needs of the major bodies

Our Professional Indemnity policy comes with up to £2m of cover as standard and meets the insurance requirements of the key professional bodies for accountants and bookkeepers, including:

  • Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA)
  • Institute of Chartered Accountants of England and Wales (ICAEW)
  • Institute of Certified Bookkeepers (ICB)
  • International Association of Bookkeepers (ICAB)

What's covered?

With Professional Indemnity Insurance from Direct Line for Business you get:

  • From £100,000 to £2m of professional indemnity cover as standard
  • Compensation up to the chosen policy limit
  • Cover for your defence costs, such as lawyers and court costs. These are payable in addition to the policy limit
  • Access to your own specialist claims handler should the worst happen
  • The choice between a monthly and annual policy
  • No admin fee for changes made during the policy period
  • Access to our free 24/7 legal helpline
  • Retro-active cover. Covers your business from the date you first bought a professional indemnity policy*

    * Please keep a record of your previous policies.

  • Click here to find out more about our Professional Indemnity Insurance.

Other insurance for accountants and bookkeepers

In addition to PI cover, public liability insurance is an essential cover for accountants and bookkeepers. This will cover your business against accidents that cause injury or damage to a member of the public, and the claims that may be brought against your business as a result.

Who needs Professional Indemnity Insurance?

Any business that offers a professional service, gives advice or handles a client’s data or intellectual property may need professional indemnity insurance to cover the work that they do.

We provide cover for a range of professions, including:

Don't see your profession here? We may still be able to cover you. Give us a call on 0345 878 5555

Knowledge Centre