Contact Us

General enquiries

Business claims


Postal address

General enquiries

Lines are open: 8am-8pm Monday to Friday, 9am-5pm Saturday and 10am-4pm Sunday.

Landlord Insurance call us on 0345 303 1763

Van Insurance call us on 0345 301 2882

Tradesman Insurance call us on 0345 303 1761

Small Business Insurance call us on 0345 878 5622

Business insurance claims

To make a claim or for enquiries about existing claims

Please visit our dedicated page


Our promise to you is that we will always be fair and reasonable whenever you need the protection of the policies and that we will act quickly to provide that protection.

Should there ever be an occasion when you feel that we have failed to honour our promise, we will do everything possible to ensure that your complaint is dealt with quickly and fairly.

If you wish to make a complaint please view our complaints procedure or you can call us on the number listed below.

Calls recorded. Conditions apply. Calls from a BT landline charged at local rate. Calls from other networks may vary.

Call us on 0345 303 1760

Postal address

Direct Line Insurance

The Wharf, Neville Street, Leeds LS1 4AZ

Try web chat

Which product would you like to chat about?

Our web chat agents are fast and trained to answer your questions.
Web chat is currently only available for the below products.

Please try again later, search our FAQs or give us a call.

Frequently asked questions

  • QDo you cover boilers?

    If you select our Buildings cover, you’ll automatically get Equipment Breakdown cover. This pays to repair or replace your boiler, irrespective of its age, if it breaks down, but excludes wear and tear. Read more about our boiler insurance cover.

    To make a claim, you need to arrange for a boiler engineer to visit your property and assess the boiler. They need to submit their report to us, so we can assess whether the claim is covered. If it is, we’ll reimburse you for the repair/replacement costs, including parts, labour and call out charges, less the £200 excess.

    This cover is not a maintenance contract – it doesn’t cover servicing or Gas Safety Certificates (CP12).

  • QWhat does Rent Guarantee cover me for?

    Rent Guarantee covers unpaid rent while your tenant or ex-tenant is still in your residential property in the UK. You can make a claim once the rent has been overdue for at least one calendar month. It covers you for up to £250,000 per claim and there’s also no excess and no limit to the number of claims you can make per year.

    Once you get your property back, you may find it needs repairs for it to be let out again. The cover will pay 50% of the rent you had previously received whilst letting it out while the repairs are happening for up to three months or until the property is let, whichever happens first.

    To get this cover feature, you need to have a landlord insurance policy with us. You'll also need to take out our Legal Expenses cover to be able to add Rent Guarantee.

  • Q What if my trade is not on the list?

    If you can't find your exact trade, or one that best matches what you do on the list provided, please call us on 0345 303 1756. Calls may be recorded.

  • QWhat does Public Liability cover?

    This provides cover against your legal liability for death or bodily injury (other than to an employee) and / or loss or damage to third party property arising out of the operation of your business.

  • Q Can I get my van insured under my company name?

    We do not offer quotations in a company name. The main driver must be the policyholder, the owner and registered keeper of the vehicle.