Leasehold Landlord Fixtures and Fittings Insurance

We guarantee to beat the renewal premium or quote of any other insurer.

New customers only. Cover on an equivalent basis to ours. Qualifying criteria apply. Doesn't apply when Landlord Emergency Cover is added. Terms & Conditions.

Join over 250,000 landlords who trust us with their insurance.

Fixtures and Fittings Insurance for Leasehold Landlords

We provide new-for-old fixtures and fittings cover, so you can insure the fixed units such as kitchens, bathrooms and skirting boards at your property.

If the unit is damaged, we will cover the cost of repairs. If it's beyond repair, we'll cover the cost of replacing the unit. (Our maximum limit that you can insure for this cover is £50,000).

This cover is for residential properties only and is designed specifically for landlords, who own a leasehold flat in a building that's insured under a freeholder's building policy but the buildings policy excludes cover for the leaseholders fixtures and fittings.

Get a quote
or call us on 0345 303 1763

What's included in the policy as standard:

  • Permanent internal fixtures and fittings - including kitchens, bathrooms, toilets, sinks, internal doors, including door furniture, owned and provided by the leaseholder and not insured by any buildings insurance policy.
  • Damage to floor coverings – including carpets, lino and laminate floors.
  • Up to £50,000 of cover – to replace the fixtures and fittings new for old.
  • Replacement locks up to £25,000 – in case they're broken due to a burglary or need replacing because the keys have been stolen.
  • Alternative accommodation for tenants (up to the sum selected) – if the property can't be lived in due to an insured event, such as flood or fire.
Get a quote
or call us on 0345 303 1763

Why get this cover?

Given an average bathroom suite alone is typically priced at £1,000, the value of fixtures and fittings in a rental property can be significant. Repairing or replacing damaged kitchens, bathrooms and fitted units can rack up high and unnecessary costs for landlords.

Fixtures and Fittings Insurance covers you if damage has been caused due to an insured event such as a fire or escape of water from a burst pipe.

Accidental Damage can also be selected as an optional extra cover, for an additional premium. So, if a tenant is cooking in the property and leaves a hot pan on the kitchen worktop resulting in burnt rings and damage to the surface, you would be covered.

What isn't covered?

This cover excludes damage to walls, ceilings, concrete flooring and floorboards, external doors and windows, pipes, cables and services.

Can I get this cover?

Fixtures and Fittings cover is available if you own the flat on a leasehold basis and the fixtures and fittings are not covered under the freeholder's property insurance policy. It's an optional cover that can be added to your Landlord Insurance and is for residential properties only.

Get a quote
or call us on 0345 303 1763

How do I make a claim?

If you make a claim, we'll allocate a dedicated claims handler to look after your claim from start to finish, so your claim will get sorted with as little fuss as possible.

To make a claim click here

Take a look at our Landlord insurance here, some of the benefits of insuring your property with us are:

Access to our free 24/7 legal helpline

Access to your own specialist claims handler should the worst happen

0% interest if you wish to pay by instalments in the first year to help spread the cost. 0% APR representative, subject to eligibility, 18s and over. New customers only

No administration fees for mid-term amendments

Landlord tips

Got more than one
rental property?

Find out more about our
multi-property insurance

Read more

Letting a

Learn more about our
commercial landlord

Find out more