Commercial property insurance

If you own offices or shops and you are renting them out, you need to make sure that your properties are protected.

or call us on
0345 301 4827

Whether you are the Landlord of a few properties for income and investment purposes, or are running a business and make a living from commercial property, it's vital that you take all of the necessary steps to ensure that your investment is protected.

This means making sure that you have the right level of insurance to cover your properties against an unforeseen event such as a flood or fire.

Protect your investment

With Commercial Property Insurance from Direct Line for Business, you can protect your investment with the following cover (depending on the options to choose):

  • Buildings cover - should your physical property, including the shop front and fixed glass be damaged by fire, flood, storm or by malicious damage
  • Landlord's contents cover - similarly you are protected if any fixtures or fittings are stolen or are damaged by fire and flood
  • Public liability cover - if a third party is injured or their property is damaged in the course of you carrying out your business
  • Employers' liability cover - in case one of your employees is injured in the course of their work
  • Rent receivable - loss of rental income caused by damage to the property so much so that the tenant could no longer conduct their business there

The great thing about Direct Line for Business's Commercial Property Insurance is that you can tailor it to meet your particular business needs.

This means that you can include the cover that you think is relevant to you and your properties, on top of what is covered as standard by the policy.

So you can have peace of mind that you are covered for your exact requirements, no matter the size of your portfolio.

Emergency hotline

Our Commercial Property Insurance also gives you access to our 24/7 emergency hotline.

So in the event of an emergency such as drainage problems or roof damage after a storm, you can get hold of reliable local tradesmen to arrange repair of the damage.

You can also get rapid call outs for problems with glazing or door and window security for example, if the property is broken into or vandalised.

Click here to find out more about our Commercial Landlord Insurance, including full details of what you can be covered for. You can even get an online quote in minutes.