resizer image

Broken down boiler?

Our award-winning landlord buildings insurance includes boiler cover as standard.

If your boiler breaks down, get it repaired or replaced and we’ll cover the cost.

Excludes wear and tear. £200 excess applies. Not a call out service. Underwritten by U K Insurance Limited.

defaqto, most trusted, mortgage awards logos

Landlord Boiler Cover

If your boiler breaks down, it’s important to fix the problem quickly so that your tenants aren’t left without hot water or heating, but you shouldn’t have to break the bank to do it.

If you choose our award-winning landlord buildings insurance, we’ll automatically give you boiler cover as standard. So, if something goes wrong and cover applies under the policy, you don’t need to worry about paying any unexpected bills.

We don't offer a call out service but we will cover the cost of repairing your boiler. If your boiler is beyond repair, we will cover the cost of replacing it. We'll also help keep your tenants warm by paying for the cost of portable heaters or alternative accommodation, if necessary.

Get a quote
or call us on 0345 303 1570

What do we cover?

We will cover your boiler for breakdowns caused by:

  • expansion vessel failure
  • the heat exchanger cracking or rupturing
  • valves failing
  • seals leaking
  • a circuit board fault

We will not be able to cover your boiler if:

  • The damage is due to wear or tear
  • The boiler is recoverable under maintenance agreement, or any warranty or guarantee
  • The boiler would be recoverable but for a break of your obligations under any maintenance agreement, warranty or guarantee

We’ll pay for all of the costs involved in fixing your boiler or getting a new one up to your buildings sum insured. We’ll pay for labour and call out charges, as well as parts, minus a £200 excess. You can find out how to claim here. Full terms and conditions can be found on the policy document.

Taking care of your tenants

Nobody wants to feel cold and uncomfortable in their own home. We'll help minimise the inconvenience caused to those renting your property, and help protect your income, by:

  1. Covering the cost of supplying your tenants with portable heaters which they can use until the boiler has been fixed.
  2. Paying for the cost of providing your tenants with alternative accommodation until the boiler has been replaced or is working again. We will do this if we believe that the property can't be lived in. For example, during particularly cold winter months having no heating or hot water may mean that tenants need to be rehoused.
Get a quote
or call us on 0345 303 1570

How to claim?

  • The first thing you'll need to do is call out a Gas Safe registered heating engineer to look at the issue.
  • Then you'll need to send us a report from the Gas Safe registered heating engineer detailing how and why the boiler has broken down. We'll also need a quotation or invoice for the boiler repair or replacement and a copy of the most up-to-date gas safety certificate.
  • Once we have this, we'll assess whether the breakdown is covered. If it is, we'll reimburse you for all the costs you have incurred in getting the boiler fixed or replaced, minus your £200 excess.
  • We can also deal with claims retrospectively as long as you have the engineer's report on the boiler problem to hand.

Equipment breakdown cover

Boiler cover is part of equipment breakdown cover. This comes as standard with our landlord buildings insurance.

The equipment covered depends on which sections of cover you have selected on your policy. As well as your boiler, 'built-in' equipment such as fitted ovens, air-conditioning systems and security/alarm systems are usually covered.

If equipment breaks down, we may pay to repair or replace it, subject to:

  • payment of the £200 excess
  • the breakdown not being due to wear and tear
Get a quote
or call us on 0345 303 1570