Contents insurance

You can insure your business contents through Direct Line for Business so you can be covered in the event of a loss. Find out more about contents insurance below.

Call us on
0345 301 4827

Computer equipment is likely to make up the biggest cost in an office, for shops it could be your stock. Whether it is a shop, an office, a pub or hotel, it's likely that your business contents will run into tens of thousands, if not more.

If your business was to suffer loss through a fire or flood, or if you were to be the victim of a major burglary, the cost could be significant. If you don't have the right level of business insurance then you would have to foot the bill of replacing your contents. This could mean that you have to temporarily close your business - or in the worst-case scenario it could put you out of business permanently.

Thankfully, it's possible to insure your business contents through Direct Line for Business, so that you are covered in the event of a loss. Not only do we have a range of insurance policies that cover different types of business, but contents cover comes as standard.

Your contents will generally be insured in the event of fire, lightning, explosion or earthquake, flood, storm, riot, civil commotion, malicious damage, theft, robbery and a number of other qualifying conditions. What's more, personal possessions belonging to employees and to customers are also covered under our policies. Our Guest House Insurance even includes cover for Guests' Personal effects (subject to certain conditions). We can also extend the cover, under our Hotel and Pub insurance policies, to include the household contents of you or an employee who live on the premises.

Making sure that your business contents are covered so you have the reassurance that you will be able to pick up the pieces should you need to make a claim. To find out more details on the cover that is offered by Direct Line for Business and to get an online quote, visit the relevant section of this website.

or call us on 0345 303 1763