Saving you time with your quote
Please ensure that the information provided by you is correct, and you comply with the statements on this page. If your circumstances change between the date you purchase the policy and the policy start date, please call us. Failure to do so may mean that your insurance policy is not valid or that we may not pay all or part of your claim(s).
We don’t charge administration fees for mid-term changes to your policy.
If you decide to cancel your policy during the period of insurance an administration fee for cancellation will apply amounting to 1/12th of your annual premium, up to a maximum of £50.00 (calculated at the time of cancellation, plus current rate of Insurance Premium Tax where applicable).
The below statements are what you need to agree with for us to be able to offer you this insurance policy.
Neither You, nor Your Directors nor Your partners:
- have ever had a proposal for insurance declined, renewal refused, cover terminated, increased premium required or special conditions imposed by any Insurer
- have ever been convicted of or charged (but not yet tried) with a breach of any health and safety legislation or any other criminal offence other than parking or speeding offences or offences which are spent under the Rehabilitation of Offenders
- are subject to an outstanding County Court Judgement (or the Scottish equivalent)
- are subject to bankruptcy or insolvency orders which are either outstanding or have been discharged for less than 5 years
The below are important statements about the property your business operates from:
- The walls of the buildings are built solely of brick, stone, or concrete
- The roof of the building is built of slates, tiles, asphalt, concrete, metal, other incombustible materials
- The fabric of The Premises does not require any repair or refurbishment to make them secure or water tight and will be so maintained
- The buildings are in your sole occupation other than offices and private dwellings
- The risk is not already insured by Direct Line
- The level of security at your Premises meets our minimum security requirements
- You have sole control over all doors and windows that access your Premises used by your business
- The buildings are not Grade 1 Listed
- There are no external Automated Teller Machines at the premises
The buildings are not heated by:
- waste oil heaters, straw or wood burners, coal fires
- portable gas heaters (including LPG, Butane, Propane or similar)
- portable oil fired heaters
The below are important statements about your business:
- You conduct your business from a shop or salon
- You trade from a single premises
If any of the assumptions above are not true please call us.