Selling your products online or at Christmas markets in the run up to Christmas?
Whether you sell your products through your own website, through sites such as Ebay and Etsy, or at Christmas fairs, fetes and festivals, it’s important to make sure that you have the right insurance in place to cover your business against unforeseen circumstances.
Don’t put your livelihood at risk by not having the right insurance in place. Even a relatively minor accident, such as a slip or trip at an event or the manufacture of a faulty product could lead to a claim which may end up costing your business thousands of pounds. So make sure you’re covered.
At Direct Line for Business, we provide Home Business Insurance designed specifically for businesses running from home. Cover is tailored to suit your needs. So you can choose the right cover for you and your business.
Our Home Business Insurance includes:
- Public Liability Insurance - covers you against injury and accidents to customers, visitors to your business premises or any other person that you visit in the course of your business activity. Many event organisers will ask you for proof of public liability insurance before agreeing to let you exhibit. So make sure you’re covered!
- Business and Stock Equipment Insurance – insures your stock and any other business equipment (such as laptops and printers) against loss due to fire, flood or theft. This cover is important if you have extra stock to meet the Christmas demand.
- Product Liability Insurance – covers any legal costs that may be incurred as the result of a claim brought against your business for injury, illness or property damage that has been caused by one of your products.
- Employer’s Liability Insurance – covers your business against claims made by employees who have suffered an injury or illness in the course of their employment with you. This is a legal requirement for all businesses that employ staff.
Taking out a Home Business Insurance policy with Direct Line for Business will also give you access to the following as standard:
- Direct Line for Business Legal Documents Service - unlimited online access to a large library of customisable legal documents, plus you can have the documents you create checked by a solicitor.
- Access to your own specialist claims handler should you need to make a claim
- No admin fees to pay at any time during your policy term. So you can adapt your cover as and when you need to.
Make sure you’re covered from £55 a year!
(60% of customers paid this or less. Based on policies sold November 15 – April 16)