Saving you time with your quote
Please ensure that the information provided by you is correct, and you comply with the statements on this page. If your circumstances change between the date you purchase the policy and the policy start date, please call us. Failure to do so may mean that your insurance policy is not valid or that we may not pay all or part of your claim(s).
We don’t charge administration fees for mid-term changes to your policy.
If you decide to cancel your policy during the period of insurance an administration fee for cancellation will apply amounting to 1/12th of your annual premium, up to a maximum of £50.00 (calculated at the time of cancellation, plus current rate of Insurance Premium Tax where applicable).
The below statements are what you need to agree with for us to be able to offer you this insurance policy.
Neither You, nor Your Directors nor Your partners:
- have ever had insurance declined or special conditions imposed by any insurer
- have ever been convicted of or charged (but not yet tried) with a breach of any health and safety legislation or any other criminal offence other than a motoring offence
- are subject to an outstanding County Court Judgement (or the Scottish equivalent)
- are subject to bankruptcy or insolvency orders which are either outstanding or have been discharged for less than 5 years
You have not had more than 4 claims in the last 3 years.
The below are important statements about the property your business operates from:
- The walls of the buildings are built solely of brick, stone, or concrete
- The roof of the building is built of slates, tiles, asphalt, concrete, metal, other incombustible materials
- The buildings are not heated by methods other than by electricity, natural gas, a fixed central heating system or domestic coal fire
- The Premises do not require any repair or refurbishment to make them secure or water tight and will be so maintained
- You have sole control over all doors and windows that access your premises or your portion of the premises
- Your home is used solely by your business and your family
- The level of security at your premises meets our minimum security requirements
The below are important statements about your business:
- Whenever you have more than £3000 of Money in the home, it must be kept in a locked safe when the home is unattended
- Your business does not involve visits to offshore rigs or platforms.
- The business does not hold any stock of fur clothing, guns or other weapons, ammunition or items for use in the manufacture, repair or servicing of aircraft.
- The business does not process, use, handle or store any of the following: silica asbestos or substance containing asbestos, radioactive substances, liquids or gases in bulk, any other industrial materials that are toxic, explosive, flammable,
corrosive or an irritant.
- You do not undertake any work involving welding or other application of naked flame (other than cooking).
- You do not export any goods outside of the EU
- There are no more than six people working in the business
- The buildings are not Grade 1 Listed
- You do not undertake any treatment other than normal hairdressing and tinting, dyeing, permanent waving, straightening, eyebrow plucking and shaping, manicures, pedicures work on wigs and hairpieces, ear piercing (other than by the gun and
stud method), facial beauty treatments* If you can't agree with this statement, please call us on 0345 303 1739.
- You do not operate any sun-beds, solariums, saunas, steam baths, jacuzzis or exercise machines*
- You do not manufacture, mix or alter any lotion, hair dye or other preparation other than in accordance with manufacturers instructions*
If any of the assumptions above are not true please call us.
* These statements only apply to the relevant occupations. Please refer to the important statements section of your quote to see if these apply to you.