Buildings insurance for your business

12 months for the price of 10

When quoted online. New policies only. Introductory discount applied over the first 12 months. Other available discounts will be applied consecutively. Excludes Landlord and Van policies. Ends 3rd Nov 2021.

Stolen laptop? Damaged mobile? We'll replace your essential tech within 24hrs of claim approval, with Business Tech Essentials.

Cover & claim limits apply. Mon – Fri 8am – 6pm, except Bank holidays. Essential tech items are mobiles, laptops, tablets, desktop PCs and phones, TVs and printers used for business purposes.

  • Get 10% off business insurance if you're already a Direct Line customer.

    Discount applies to your new business policy. Discounts applied consecutively.

  • We won't be beaten on price. We'll beat your new business insurance quote or renewal premium from any other insurer.

    New customers only. Cover on an equivalent basis to ours. Qualifying criteria apply. Terms & Conditions.

Protect your business interests

If you own the building you operate from, or if you've made alterations to a rented space to meet the specific requirements of your trade, you should seriously consider taking out buildings insurance. If you don't and the property suffers damage, for example as a result of fire, flood or storm, not only would you have to foot the bill to repair the damage, you might not be able to continue trading.

You should also remember that you need to make sure the premises are insured for their full rebuilding cost (including professional fees and the cost of site clearance) and not their market value. You may need expert advice to calculate the rebuilding cost, which often differs significantly from market value.

Direct Line for Business offers a number of insurance policies that include cover for the building or structure - for some policies this may not be standard and you may need to take it as optional cover. The policies vary, but generally cover 'all risks' (subject to exclusions) so you can expect to be covered in the event of:

  • Fire, lightning, explosion or earthquake
  • Riot or civil disturbance or malicious acts
  • Storm or flood
  • Escape of water
  • Accidental damage
Get a quote
or call us on 0345 301 4827