If you're concerned about your tools getting stolen overnight, you can upgrade your tools and business equipment insurance to include overnight tools cover, for an additional premium.
In order to obtain overnight cover, when you get a quote online, you will need to answer ‘Yes' to the following question: ‘Our standard cover excludes theft from a vehicle overnight. Would you like to add cover for overnight theft of your tools and business equipment from a vehicle?'
- Your vehicle must be secured at all points of entry and any alarms or immobilisers must be set.
- Tools must be hidden from view and removed when the vehicle is not being used for business purposes for more than five consecutive days.
- Cover excludes electrical items such as laptops, cameras, mobile phones, removable satellite navigation systems, and handheld survey equipment etc.
- There is a limit of £10,000 per claim and a single article limit of £1,500.
- An excess payment is required if you make a claim. You will be liable for 10 per cent of each and every claim, with a minimum contribution by you of £100 up to a maximum contribution by you of £500.