If you're concerned about your tools getting stolen overnight from your vehicle, you can upgrade your Tools and Business Equipment insurance to include Overnight Tools Cover, for an additional premium.
With Overnight Tools Cover, you'll be covered whether your vehicle is parked in the street, on your drive or in a hotel car-park while working away.
To get 24/7 cover for tools left in your vehicle overnight – anywhere in the UK and EU:
- Select 'Tools and Business Equipment Cover' and any other cover you need
- Enter details about yourself, your business and people in your business
- When asked about 'Tools and Business Equipment' answer 'Yes' to the question: 'Our standard cover excludes theft from a vehicle overnight. Would you like to add cover for overnight theft of your tools and business equipment from a vehicle?'
If you're an existing customer and can't add Overnight Tools Cover to your Tools and Equipment Cover, call us on 0345 303 1761
- Extra cost added to your premium
- For new policies only
- Your vehicle must be secured at all points of entry and any alarms or immobilisers must be set.
- You must be a UK resident to have tools cover in the UK and EU
- Tools must be hidden from view and removed when the vehicle is not being used for business purposes for more than five consecutive days.
- Tools are covered in your vehicle
- Cover excludes electrical items such as laptops, cameras, mobile phones, removable satellite navigation systems, and handheld survey equipment etc.
- There is a limit of £10,000 per claim and a single article limit of £1,500.
- An excess payment is required if you make a claim. You will have to pay 10 per cent of each and every claim, with a minimum contribution by you of £100 up to a maximum contribution by you of £500.