Home Emergency doesn't apply to commercial properties. Full terms and conditions can be found in the policy document, but the following key circumstances aren't covered:
- Incidents that happen in your home when it's been unoccupied for 60 days or more.
- Incidents relating to mains electricity, gas, and water supply.
- Properties with boilers larger than 70kW.
- Incidents relating to shared roofs, communal areas or property not owned by you.
- The costs of normal day-to-day property maintenance.
- Any costs incurred prior to the claim being accepted.
- Events that started before your policy did.
- Damage caused when getting access to do the repairs.
Home emergency cover covers call out charges, labour costs and any essential materials. Any damage to your home buildings, home or business contents will fall under your main business policy.
We're not the emergency services
The most important thing is to make sure you and anyone in your home is safe. If the incident is dangerous, call the fire, ambulance or police services.
If you have a gas leak, call the National Gas Emergency Service on 0800 111 999.
If you have an emergency relating to a service such as your mains water or electricity supply, contact the supplier.