Top small office accessories for start-ups
There are many advantages to working from home, including reduced overheads and the freedom to put your own stamp on your office style.
On top of this, arranging a suitable working environment can be great fun.
So whether your office is an insulated shed in the garden, or the nook under the stairs, these home office accessories and storage solutions can help you to make the most of your working space.
Space saving accessories for the smaller office
These 5 space-saving accessories go a little way towards making your home office a place you want to work in as well as live in.
- If you’re tired of tripping over wires and struggling to find space for your coffee on a desk draped with cables, some cable ties could help you keep things in order. You can either buy some from an office supply store, or make your own using any spare LEGO people you have lying around the house.
- If you’ve not yet hit paperless office territory then why not take a tip from Valerie Keinsley’s school of styling and hang some clipboards on the wall to keep track of those important day-to-day essentials.
- You won’t want to sit at your desk all the time. So if you can, try and carve out a little corner of your room for a comfortable chair to retreat to for important thinking time and creative reflection.
- Even a recess in a reception room or hallway can supply the opportunity for creating a neat little office space. Take a little inspiration from Nordic Design for a minimalist look.
- You can be even more economical with space by getting a fold away desk.
- If your office space is lucky enough to benefit from high ceilings or a lot of wall space, make use of it. Install shelving or storage high up and out of the way to make the most of the space that’s available to you.
- If you’re looking for accessories for the home office then you could do worse than peg essential business bits to a wire wall grid. You’ll never lose important receipts again with this attractive small home office addition.
- If you’re always losing your phone under a pile of papers then it’s probably worth investing in a phone holder. There are a wide range of designs available, so you’ll have plenty of options to choose from!
Top tools for boosting office productivity
Arguably the best way to boost productivity when you’re working from home is to avoid distraction.
Here are some helpful office accessories that could help you to stay focused.
- One way to maximise your productivity is to minimise the number of trips you need to make to the kitchen. So try keeping all of your snacking and hot drinks making facilities ready to hand by investing in a teasmade or a ‘brewing system’ for your home office space.
- A miniature fridge can be another good way to minimise the number of trips you make to the kitchen.
- When working from home one of the main obstacles to productivity is other people. So investing in some door signs will help you to maintain your business boundaries and allow you to get on with your work.
Once you’ve got your office set up with your favourite home office desk top accessories and organisational systems, it’s never too soon to take a look at your small business insurance options.
At Direct Line for Business we offer a range of products to cover your business, so you can focus on making work an enjoyable experience.