Highlights from the UK's BIGGEST Home Business Survey
The results are in from the UK's Biggest Home Business Survey, carried out by Enterprise Nation in association with Direct Line for Business.
The survey launched in August at London's Somerset House, with Prime Minister David Cameron on hand to show his and the Government's support. Here's what we found:
- 2.9m homepreneurs deliver £40bn to the local economies in which they live
- 56 per cent outsource work, on track to create five million freelance jobs
- They are risk-averse, only seven per cent closed a previous business due to bankruptcy
- 64 per cent of them are women
- West Midlands has highest female concentration of homepreneurs – at 83 per cent
- South West has youngest homepreneurs 41 per cent aged 18 - 34
To find out more, click here, or check out this infographic to explore the motivations of the country's home business entrepreneurs and the positive impact they're having on the UK economy.